our Terms & Conditions
- All dressage competitions are run under British Dressage rules, unless otherwise stated.
- Swallowfield Equestrian Ltd reserves the right to refuse any entry without reason, to cancel or alter any class, section or competition as they see fit, at any time, without giving reason. Classes may be split if entries warrant.
- No smoking or use of e-cigarettes is allowed anywhere – This restriction applies to all areas of Swallowfield EC land, property and facilities and is stipulated as a clause in our commercial insurance.
- NO DOGS PLEASE – this applies to all areas of Swallowfield EC land, property and facilities.
- Owners submitting entries for their horses/ponies do so at their own risk and it is deemed a condition of entry that no liability of any kind be attached to Swallowfield Equestrian Centre or its officials in any respect whatsoever.
- Horses and ponies must be 4 years or older to be ridden at the centre.
- The judge’s and organiser’s decision are final. Any offensive or abusive behavior will lead to expulsion from the premises and denied access to future events held at Swallowfield Equestrian Centre.
- All horses should be vaccinated in accordance with the centre’s Vaccination Policy, and routine spot checks will be undertaken.
- Correct competition wear must be worn whilst mounted.
- A correctly fitting hat conforming to the current standard must be worn when mounted. For information about current standards please refer to BD or BETA website.
- Boots with a smooth sole and a small heel must be worn.
- No horse or pony is to be left unattended unless correctly secured inside the trailer/horsebox.
- No hay nets should be tied outside of trailers/horseboxes.
- All children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Entries Cancellations & Refunds
- Entries must be made via our website: www.swallowfieldec.co.uk
- Late entries may be accepted after the closing date if space permits, these will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Entries close one week prior to the competition, or earlier if the event is oversubscribed. Please enter as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If space permits late entries will be accepted up to 3 days prior.
- Once a competitor’s entry has been accepted, it will be assumed that the rider intends to take part unless the organiser is notified.
- Fifty percent of total entry fees will be returned to those whose withdrawal is received before the close of entries, and confirmed in writing within seven days
- Any withdrawals made before the times have been completed have the option to transfer their event to another event held at Swallowfield Equestrian Centre, at no extra cost.
- Any withdrawals received after times have been completed or on the day of competition will not be entitled to a refund or transfer or entry.
- In the event of a competition being cancelled, full refunds will be issued less the £1.50 booking fee.
Health Safety & Legal Information
- Swallowfield Equestrian Centre has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all other officials and stewards
No claim will be entertained by the proprietors for injury, loss or damage caused to or suffered by any horse or pony or any other property in connection with or arising from any event or hire, whether or not the said injury, loss or damage is caused by the negligence of the proprietors, their servants or agents. All clients must have their own personal and third party insurance and provide documentary evidence of such cover if requested to do so by the proprietors.
- As a competitor / participant at Swallowfield Equestrian Ltd events, you agree and understand that by making this entry or booking that we may publish some your personal information as part of the times schedules for an event or the results of the event, and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of contractual agreements, insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, membership numbers, event times etc.
- Any horse visiting Swallowfield Equestrian must arrive with an original passport showing a vaccination or booster against Equine Influenza within the last 6 months and 21 days.
- Any horse arriving on site without an original passport, showing an out of date vaccine or if a booster has been given in less than 7 days will, unfortunately, will not be permitted to take part.
If your horse is showing any symptoms of illness, please do not bring them to Swallowfield Equestrian Centre. Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Temperature below 36.5°C or above 38.5°C
- Breathing rate below 8 breaths/min or above 15 breaths/min
- Resting heart rate below 25 beats/min or above 45 beats/min
- Capillary refill time (in the gums) of more than 1-2 seconds
- Discharge from the eyes or nose
- Unusual stance
- Unusual droppings/amount of droppings
- Not drinking/eating
- Unusual general demeanour
- Do not allow your horse to have contact with any other horse onsite.
- Avoid having contact with any horse other than your own. If you do have contact with any other horse, wash your hands as well as removing any outer clothing and disinfecting footwear.
- Bring your own water buckets and avoid submerging hoses/nozzles.
- Do not share any equipment between horses unless it has been disinfected between use.
- Please do not allow your horses to graze anywhere onsite.